Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Why I am still running?





The medal is real wood. My First Half Marathon.


Ok so I have been working all summer on my goal of faster 10ks. And a pipe dream of a Half Marathon next summer. And I had proved that I could run a half on my own in August. So I was good with just waiting until next year.

    I was happy with my speed while out on my own,and the de-stressing of running. If I am stressed I run. If I am sad I run. If I feel well pretty much any emotion in the book I run. Its how I cope with life. And the legs it gives you are not too shabby either😂. I was running 8 miles, loving how I felt after. In all honesty I like long runs because I get to.just be on my own and think things over and listen to my music. And the sights around me are amazing. I love my small town and my state the hills and trees. Farms and cows that stare at you as you run past their pasture. Ok I am a complete dork I moo at the cows as I run. And then giggle like a teenager at them staring at me. My whole body has strengthened, and I feel amazing after a run.

Still,I was content with my 6-10 mile runs and didn't feel like I needed to push to do a half marathon race this fall. Then one of my good friends started encouraging me to.do a half. I just kept saying I will in summer next year. Then when they decided last min. to do a half marathon. I caved and did it. I loved the first ten miles and I felt awesome at 7 miles. Then at 10-11 miles my body started to want to stop but my drive kicked in and I said you got this. Then I was re energized I wanted to be super peppy at the last mile. But I saved just enough pep to cross that finish line with a smile on my face. They announced my name and handed me a medal at the line and I was happy and so proud of what I had just done. Amazed at myself and the ups and downs of training and how good I felt. Would I do another one yes and I plan to do one in May 2017. I finished in 2 hours and 16 minutes. Or 2:16 . I am excited to strengthen my body with other workouts as well as running to speed my time up. I am as motivated as ever to continue my goal of faster races. Running has changed more than just how I look but also its changed me. I have done some things I never ever thought I would or even could do. It's a huge part of my life now and I even look forward to running for years to come

No comments:

Post a Comment